Thursday, September 11, 2014

Taking Breaks

I've been under the weather lately. This Texas heat is taking its toll on me... I barely have energy to do anything around the house and even AC blowing all day isn't helping much.

Last night I had hard time falling asleep and ended up very tired this morning. I noticed my little one was in about the same condition. We sent J. off to preschool and her and I just took it slow today.

I felt guilty at first, but then realized that the harmony and calm atmosphere at home was so pleasant and enjoyable, that no guilt should be present.

While I was sorting the laundry in the bedroom, my 5-year old daughter cleaned her room up without me asking or nagging her - on her own initiative! I was on the 7th heaven. Then she wrapped stuffed caterpillar and played "become a butterfly", so we read Animal Encyclopedia laying on the floor. Then we did some grocery shopping and picked her brother up from preschool. So far - it's a nice day off! I think we both needed it.

They are pretending to nap right now. I took a 30-min nap and updating this blog and looking for a new credit card to flip. 

Soon, we will be making dinner together and have some late studying done :) 

I love homeschooling!  

p.s. Last night our neighbor's 4-yr old stop by to get help with her ps Math. She was exhausted and had really hard time understanding the material. Once again - love homeschooling!

No comments:

Post a Comment