Thursday, January 28, 2016

No Workbooks Thursday!

Husband managed to get a ride with a co-worker, from which I quietly shouted "Hurrah!". He had an early meeting and kids were still asleep. Waking kids up in the morning is a tough one for me: I walk into their bedroom and see them curled up with their blankets, puffy lips, and snoring sounds... How can I shake them up and say, "Time to get up!"

I went back to bed and curled up myself and thought that today had to be a different day. Kids woke up and found me in my bed, both snuggled up with me and showered my cheeks with kisses.

That's a morning to start a day with! :)

Somehow, after all that cuddling it didn't feel like pulling out the workbooks and spending two hours at the desk. Instead, we got comfortable on the couch with abacus for my son's math and flashcards with simple additions for my daughter. That was our Math class!

For English Mr.J read sight words on flash cards and Miss A. read her book.

I read this article today and I it was an eye opening for me. I can literally see that happening - homeschooling moms get trapped in their systems! This is my second year of teaching (first year of teaching both kids) and I am still overwhelmed by the choice of curriculum!

If you feel overwhelmed and trapped, please, read this article. It will help to put things into perspective.

I love having an opportunity to be with my children as much as I do right now. Nothing can replace those cuddly mornings filled with kisses.

Welcome, No Workbooks Thursdays! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment